The Ministry of Health, Wellness and the Environment wishes to advise the general public that as part of the its mosquito control programme for the adult Aedes aegypti mosquito, the Insect Vector Control Unit will be conducting fogging operations at public facilities in the following areas on the mainland, commencing at 5:00 p.m. daily.
Monday, 17th May, 2021 – Layou, Cane Hall, Belair, Biabou and Edinboro
Tuesday, 18th May, 2021 – Buccament Bay, Vermont, Calder, Stubbs, Argyle, Diamond and Ottley Hall
Wednesday, 19th May, 2021 – Clare Valley, Kingstown, Colonaire, Park Hill, South Rivers and New Montrose
Thursday, 20th May, 2021 – Questelles, Arnos Vale, Mesopotamia and New Montrose
Please take note of the following:
- Windows and doors should be kept open to allow the fog to take effect.
- Motorists are kindly asked to take caution.
- Persons who are suffering from any respiratory illnesses are kindly asked to take the necessary precautionary measures.
- Please note adverse weather conditions can affect fogging operations.
- Residents are also encouraged to prevent the breeding of mosquitoes in their yard and to protect themselves from mosquito bites during the day.
SOURCE: Ministry of Health, Wellness and the Environment